The talent and capacity to lead the growth of an advanced medical device/cyber-physical systems economy is already here in Massachusetts, particularly in Worcester. It makes WPI the perfect place for bringing together like-minded innovators. We are currently seeking members (PDF) looking to take advantage of the capabilities of the facility:
- Medical Cyber-physical Systems
- Surgical Robots
- Medical Imaging and Image-Guidance
- Sensing, Actuation, and Control of Medical Devices
- Wearable Robotics
- Advanced Manufacturing for Personalized Healthcare
- Cybersecurity for Medical Devices
- Data Analytics for Clinical Decision Support
Current members include Boston Scientific, MITRE, Karl Storz, Delsys, eMotionRX, Stability Health, UMass Medical School, and AiM Medical Robotics. Current members looking to create an iLab account and learn how to utilize the software to schedule equipment/services may download this PDF.
New sponsorship benefits allow partners of various sizes to join the PracticePoint academic and industry alliance and gain visibility among like-minded organizations looking to innovate in the medical device, IoT, and cyber-physical systems industry. Levels start at $5,000 for Supporters and go up to $40,000 for Champions (with several options in between). Benefits vary by level. Learn more.
Other ways to engage:
- Pitch us a research project or collaboration idea
- Consult with our faculty experts
- Use our state-of-the-art facilities
- Request PracticePoint faculty/staff to attend or speak at your next meeting (in-person or virtual)
To learn about other life sciences labs and facilities that are available at WPI, such as the Biomanufacturing Education and Training Center, Lab for Education and Application Prototypes, and the Life Sciences & Bioengineering Center, refer to Employers and Partners.
Bob Cathcart is working with Cambridge Consultants to design and build a commercial robot, and at PracticePoint he will have an office, access to critical equipment and the talented research team, and the validation of working with a known entity such as WPI. Aside from all that, Cathcart says he’s thrilled for the networking opportunities at PracticePoint. “For a company like ours that’s small and new and unknown to people," he says, "it’s going to give us great exposure to potential industry partners.”