VPR Vernescu is happy to announce a new round of joint seed funding with the UMass Center for Clinical and Translational Science (UMCCTS), part of their next funding round for the Pilot Project Program (PPP).
Two project awards (up to $50,000 for 1 year) for a joint team of PIs will be made on a competitive basis to enable investigators to accelerate the translation of innovative discoveries into:
• New understanding and/or diagnosis of a disease process
• New devices, therapeutics, and vaccines for the treatment and/or prevention of disease
• New standards of care in the practice of community medicine
• New approaches to community-based research demonstrating true bi-directionality between community and academia
• New methodologies to leverage institutional strengths and new initiatives
• The pursuit of high-risk, high reward studies
Full information, including eligibility requirements and deadlines can be found here.