National Institutes of Health (NIH) Undergraduate Scholarship Program
The program is sponsored by the NIH, one of the world's foremost centers for medical/health research and research training.
For each full or partial scholarship year, recipients are committed to two NIH service obligations: a 10-week Summer Laboratory Experience after each year of scholarship support, and employment at the NIH after graduation, serving 1 year of full-time employment for each year of scholarship. In addition to financial assistance, the scholarship program offers invaluable training and mentoring, as well as practical experience in a state-of-the-art research setting.
- Personal statement
- 3 letters of recommendation
What they’re looking for
- Enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a full-time undergraduate student
- 3.3 (4.0 scale) GPA or higher or rank within top five percent of class
- Demonstrate exceptional financial need (EFN), certified by financial aid office
- Must be a biomedical, behavioral or social science related research