The SNAP Transports Dispatcher operates a multi-telephone line while dispatching calls to the SNAP vans. Please take into consideration the high call volume while calling for transports requests. Union Station transports shall be requested half hour before pick-up.
We encourage students, faculty, and staff to use WPI's Security Night Assistance Patrol, or SNAP. We currently staff two vans, seven days a week.
Co-sponsored by the WPI Police Department and the Office of Residential Services, SNAP begins operation on the first night of classes each term and ends on the last day of classes at the end of the term:
Hours of Operation
Sunday through Saturday
- A and D term: 6 p.m. to 4 a.m.
- B and C term: 4 p.m. to 4 a.m.
- Recess/Break: 6 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Guidelines for utilizing the SNAP Transportation service include:
- Transports must fall under a limit of a one mile radius.
- Transports will be provided from off-campus housing, to campus and from campus, to off-campus housing.
- Transports will be provided when on campus to anywhere else on campus.
- Transports are not used for rides to shopping centers, restaurants, bars, or any other commercial locations.
- Transports may be provided to WPI students traveling to and from Union Station for traveling purposes only.
- Transports are not allowed by law to transport any forms of drugs or alcohol. SNAP drivers are authorized to view any enclosed packages and /or containers.
You can reach SNAP by calling 508-831-6111. Calls will be handled as expeditiously as possible. However, there may be times when transports are delayed; please be patient and waiting where you can see the van during such times.
Any questions and/or concerns please contact:
Lt. Karen Bueno, WPI Police
Campus Safety Transportation Program Liaison
The Student Night Assistance Program known as the SNAP Transports provides services on campus and within a one (1) mile radius, no commercial zones. Some exceptions may be authorized by extenuating circumstances. All requests by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org.