New this year, passengers must use the free TransLoc app to book rides on SNAP. The app is available through the WPI app and allows users to enter their location, select a destination, and request a ride. The app also provides real-time updates on the SNAP van estimated arrival time.
We encourage students to use WPI's Student Night Assistance Patrol (SNAP) vans for transportation at night and on weekends.
Valet Park of America operates SNAP using clearly marked passenger vans. Some seats will be blocked off to promote social distancing, and all passengers must wear face coverings. When boarding, riders must present their WPI ID and use the hand sanitizer that will be provided. Workers will regularly wipe surfaces with disinfectant.
Hours of Operation
August 23rd – November 7th - 6PM-3AM
November 8th – March 13th - 5PM-3AM
March 14th – May 3rd - 6PM-3AM
No service on Thanksgiving Day
No service from December 18th – January 11th.
Guidelines for Using SNAP
- Transports must be within one mile of 100 Institute Road.
- Transports will be provided between campus and off-campus housing.
- Transports will be provided between any campus locations.
- Transports will be provided between campus and Union Station for traveling purposes only.
- Transports may be used for rides to and from these pharmacies:
- CVS, 44 West Boylston St., Worcester
- Walgreens, 320 Park Ave., Worcester
- Transports may not be used for rides to any other commercial locations, such as shopping centers, restaurants, and bars.
- SNAP vans are prohibited by law from transporting drugs and alcohol.