Student Night Assistance Patrol (SNAP)
We encourage students to use WPI's Student Night Assistance Patrol (SNAP) vans for transportation at night and on weekends.
Valet Park of America operates SNAP using clearly marked passenger vans. When boarding, riders must present their WPI ID.
Hours of Operation
- August 22nd – November 6th - 6PM-3AM
- November 7th – March 12th - 5PM-3AM
- March 13th – May 7th - 6PM-3AM
- No service on Thanksgiving Day
- No service from December 18th – January 8th.
New this year, passengers must use the free TransLoc app to book rides on SNAP. The app is available during the academic year and allows users to enter their location, select a destination, and request a ride. The app also provides real-time updates on the SNAP van estimated arrival time. Download the TransLoc app here.
Guidelines for Using SNAP
- Transports must be within one mile of 100 Institute Road.
- Transports will be provided between campus and off-campus housing.
- Transports will be provided between any campus locations.
- Transports will be provided between campus and Union Station for traveling purposes only.
- Transports may be used for rides to and from these pharmacies:
- CVS, 44 West Boylston St., Worcester
- Walgreens, 320 Park Ave., Worcester
- Transports may not be used for rides to any other commercial locations, such as shopping centers, restaurants, and bars.
- SNAP vans are prohibited by law from transporting drugs and alcohol.
Any questions and/or concerns please contact
Lt. Karen Confer, WPI Police
Campus Safety Transportation Program Liaison