The Elbridge House is a 3 floor house with a lot of homey charm. It is a coed living unit, housing 16 residents and is conveniently located close to restaurants and shops on Highland Street. Term housing is provided for students in Elbridge House.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who lives in Elbridge House?
- WPI students.
How many student staff members are in the building?
- 1 Resident Advisor (RA) works in Elbridge House.
What type of building is Elbridge House?
- A house with three floors containing multiple common areas and bedrooms.
- There are double and single bedrooms.
What are the amenities in the building?
- Bathrooms on each floor
- First floor lounge area
- Kitchen with refrigerator and stove
- Laundry room, located in kitchen
- Music room with piano
- Billiards table
Is a residential meal plan required in Elbridge?
- Residents of Elbridge are not required to have a residential meal plan because the house includes a kitchen. Residents can choose to purchase a voluntary plan if desired.
What is provided for furniture/appliances?
- Bedrooms are outfitted with a bed, desk, desk chair, and dresser for each resident. Elbridge closets have closet doors with a shelf and hanging bar for clothes.
- Living rooms are outfitted with soft seating (for example – couch, chair, etc.).
Is kitchenware (pots, pans, silverware, etc.) provided for residents?
- Kitchenware is not provided for residents. Residents are encouraged to work together to determine who will bring specific items for the year.
Can beds be lofted or bunked?
- Beds in Elbridge are able to be bunked. Residents need to ask for pins to bunk the bed, but are responsible for un-bunking the bed at the end of the year and returning the pins to the Residential Services Office.
- Beds cannot be lofted and lofting equipment is not provided.
Does Elbridge have air conditioning?
- Elbridge does not have air conditioning in the house. Residents are encouraged to bring fans for their space. Personal air conditioners are not permitted.