Upper Class and First Year Residence
Founders Hall is a unique suite-style residence hall available to first year students. Founders Hall houses 290 students in single, double, and triple occupancy rooms within suites. Each suite is equipped with its own full bathroom. Campus Police is located in the basement of Founders Hall.
Scroll down page for residence hall photos.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who lives in Founders Hall?
Founders Hall is predominately first year students with some suites dedicated to upper class students on the fourth floor.
How many student staff members are in the building?
7 Resident Advisors (RAs) work with Founders Hall, 2 RAs per floor on floors 1 – 3 and 1 RA on floor 4.
What type of building is Founders Hall?
- A suite-style building with a kitchenette, common room, and bathroom in each unit. Bathrooms are cleaned on a rotating schedule by Custodial Staff.
- Students live in 2-, 4-, 5-, 6-, and 8-person suites, either single gender or coed.
What are the amenities in the building?
- Common room on every floor, equipped with TV/Tech connections
- Two dining locations, Goat’s Head Restaurant and On the Go Convenience, on the first floor of the building.
- Laundry facilities are located on the basement level
- Elevator access
Is a residential meal plan required in Founders Hall?
Residents of Founders Hall are required to have a residential meal plan – either a 14, 19, 200 or VIP plan.
What is provided for furniture/appliances?
- Bedrooms are outfitted with a bed, desk, desk chair, and dresser for each resident. Founders Hall closets have a shelf and hanging bar for clothing.
- All WPI furniture must remain in the room.
- Living rooms are provided with soft seating (for example – couch, chair, etc.).
- Kitchenettes are provided with a refrigerator, microwave, and cabinet space. There are no cooking facilities within student rooms.
Is kitchenware (pots, pans, silverware, etc.) provided for residents?
Kitchenware is not provided for residents. Residents are encouraged to work together to determine who will bring specific items for the year.
Can beds be lofted or bunked?
- Beds in Founders Hall are able to be bunked. Residents need to ask for pins to bunk the bed, but are responsible for un-bunking the bed at the end of the year and returning the pins to the office.
- Beds cannot be lofted and lofting equipment is not provided.
Are beds adjustable?
All beds in Founders Hall can be adjusted up or down. Residents are responsible for adjusting the bed height. Beds can be adjusted to the top level, allowing the dresser to fit underneath the bed.
Does Founders Hall have air conditioning?
- Founders Hall does not have air conditioning in the building. Residents are encouraged to bring fans for their space. Personal air conditioners are not permitted.
- The common room on each floor is air conditioned.