Messenger Residence Hall
WPI’s newest residence, Messenger Hall, opened in August 2018. Centrally located on the Quad, sitting atop the WPI Innovation Studio, Messenger is a co-ed, three-floor, 140-bed residence hall. Each floor includes two multi-use gendered (one male/one female) bathrooms and two single-use gender-inclusive bathrooms. Tech suites and open lounges offer many options for studying and laundry facilities are available on each floor.
The naming of the residence hall honors Priscilla and George Messenger Jr. ’51 for their lifetime support of WPI students. The couple established the George and Priscilla Messenger Endowed Scholarship Fund in 2001, and have made additional generous commitments to that fund over the years.
Scroll down page for residence hall photos and video.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the amenities in Messenger Hall housing?
- Air conditioning/heating units
- Two tech suites per floor
- 2 large lounges with soft seating and tables with chairs per floor
- Laundry room, located on each floor
- Trash and recycling room on every floor
- 2 single gender inclusive, single use bathrooms per floor in addition to the multi-use gendered bathrooms
- A uniquely connected building, Messenger does not feature traditional wired cable service; instead, residents are able to view WPI cable channels wirelessly through use of Roku devices or their laptop computers.