Responsibilities of Faculty Members
Faculty members should outline their policies concerning evaluation procedures and their expectations pertaining to academic integrity at the beginning of each course and throughout the term or semester. As our disciplines and the associated type of work differ, faculty interpretation of what constitutes academic dishonesty may vary across campus.
Since project-based education places a strong emphasis on group work, faculty and students should be particularly attentive to the distinction between group work and individual performance expectations. Faculty and students are responsible for knowing and understanding WPI’s policy and procedure for dealing with academic dishonesty.
Faculty are encouraged to submit the On-Line Academic Dishonesty Incident Inquiry Form below. The form will be reviewed by the Dean of Students Office to determine whether an issue may be resolved at the departmental level or if it must be referred to the Campus Hearing Board.
- On-line Academic Dishonesty Incident Inquiry Form (Fillable Form)
- SAMPLE Academic Honesty Policy Statement for Course Syllabus (DOC)
- Academic Honesty Inquiry and Resolution Process for Faculty (PDF)
- Strategies for Reducing Academic Dishonesty (PDF)
- Academic Integrity: A Letter to My Students (PDF)
- 2018-2019 Faculty Academic Dishonesty Report (PDF)
Faculty are also encouraged to read an excellent resource about academic dishonesty, specifically:
Lang, James M., Cheating Lessons: Learning from Academic Dishonesty. (Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 2013).