Graduate Conference Funding
The School of Arts and Sciences (A&S) offers awards to support conference attendance for students enrolled in A&S graduate programs. These awards are generously funded by the A&S Advisory Board. Funding is competitive and limited; a review process will be used to evaluate applications.
The next round of funding will begin with an application site that is opened in May 2023, at which time students may apply for funding for conferences for the following academic year.
- All graduate students enrolled in a program within the School of Arts and Sciences are eligible to apply.
- Students must be enrolled as a WPI graduate student at the time of the conference or other activity.
- Students can apply for any upcoming virtual or in-person conference including regional, national, or international professional meetings. Levels of funding will vary based on the type of conference.
- To be considered, students must be giving oral or poster presentations at the conference. Funding will not be provided for general conference attendance or for networking.
- Students may apply for assistance through other WPI programs however receipt of other support may affect decisions for an A&S award.
- There is no limit on the number of graduate students from a professor's research group that may apply but this may affect the award decisions.
- Students may receive funding for only one conference a year.
- Students receiving an award will be given up to $1000 towards costs including conference registration and, if applicable, transportation, lodging, and poster printing. (Meals are not covered.) The faculty research advisor or Department/Program should fund any costs not covered by the award. The student should not be responsible for these expenses.
- Students who receive awards will be given instructions on how to submit expense reports to the Office of the Dean of Arts and Sciences. Expense reports should be submitted within one month of completing the activity.
For questions, please contact Rebecca Ouellette in the Office of the Dean of Arts and Sciences at firstname.lastname@example.org or extension x4964.