As an online student at WPI, you have the experience of being part of a global community, but you are also part of a university steeped in tradition and history.
You’ll also have access to all of the same resources and services as our on-campus students, including:
- Academic Advising: Upon request, a faculty academic advisor is available during your time at WPI to assist you in identifying courses to meet your personal and professional goals. Please contact your Student Success Team for further assistance.
- Career Development Center: Connect with services and people on campus and in the wider WPI community—network with students from around the world in our online community, make an in-person/Skype/telephone appointment with a staff member from WPI’s Career Development Center through Handshake, or travel to campus to attend your graduation ceremony.
- Accessibility Services: As an online student, you still have access to our Accessibility Services department. Please reach out to them if you feel like you will need to utilize any of their services during your time at WPI.
- Library Services: Students enrolled in an online program, as well as students taking WPI courses in other locations, can register for an ILLiad account to request both Gordon Library and non-Gordon Library owned books and articles remotely. This allows you to access publications, research and more in order to complete your assignments.
- Are you a WPI alum? Find articles after graduation here.
- WPI Bookstore: Purchase everything from textbooks to spirit wear.
- GRE/GMAT Assistance: Once you become a student, you have access to GRE/GMAT study preparation material through the WPI library as well. In addition, if applicable, individual course websites with further resources may be available.
- Support and Discounts for Software and Mobile Devices: As a WPI student, you have access to support for your software and mobile devices, and have the opportunity to receive discounted pricing on these products.
- Technical Support & Discounts:
- Student IDs: Student IDs are available to all active students, whether online or on-campus, for a one-time cost of $15, payable through the BannerWeb System. To obtain an ID, please send a picture to your Student Success Team Member that abides by the following guidelines:
- Head shot
- Neutral background
- High resolution, 24 bit color
- 400x400 pixels