Apply for Cohort 9 of Strategic STEM Integration
Strategic STEM: Creating Programs that Thrive
Developed in 2011, Strategic STEM is a two-year program for education leaders who are looking to create a high-quality and sustainable STEM program for their school, district, or education system.
The program includes professional development (PD) days, school visits, panel discussions, mentorship opportunities, and a culminating presentation.
Imagine what integrated STEM education could look like at your school/district. Your team will engage in visioning sessions while exploring what successful STEM schools do—based upon national programs, research, and standards—to create a STEM program that matches your community’s unique values.
Guided by experienced WPI staff and mentor teams, you’ll review several successful STEM integration models, ultimately customizing the one that best fits your needs. You and your teams will research STEM frameworks, develop visions, pillars, and outcomes for your students and teachers, explore funding opportunities and implementation plans, and more—all with the final result of a complete strategic plan for STEM integration.
Once you’ve created your plan, you and your team will be supported through the implementation of your top-priority items, including two STEM PD days for your teachers.
Since its inception, Strategic STEM has engaged education leaders representing over 20 schools and districts:
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional School District
- Belchertown Public Schools
- Berlin-Boylston Regional School District
- Cambridge Public Schools
- Concord Public Schools
- Douglas Public Schools
- Fitchburg Public Schools
- Leominster Public Schools
- Marlborough Public Schools
- Mendon-Upton Regional School District
- Millbury Public Schools
- Pioneer Valley Regional School District
- Quaboag Regional School District
- Shrewsbury Public Schools
- Al-Hamra Academy (Shrewsbury, MA)
- Alhuda Academy (Worcester, MA)
- Andover School of Montessori
- Cushing Academy
- Holy Name Jr./Sr. High School (Worcester, MA)
- Shrewsbury Montessori School
- Springfield Renaissance School
- St. Joseph Elementary School (Needham, MA)
- St. Peter Central Catholic Elementary School
- Thomas Prince School (Princeton, MA)
- Venerini Academy (Worcester, MA)
- Nevada Governor’s Office of Science, Innovation & Technology
- The Center for STEM Education in the Philippines (CSEP)
- The Learning Center for the Deaf (TLC, Framingham MA)
Special Thank You
The STEM Education Center would like to recognize and thank the following partners that have contributed to the success of the program:
- MassHire Metro South/West Youth Careers
- Mt. Wachusett Community College
- Worcester Technical High School
If you or your company would like to support the Strategic STEM program, email Mia Dubosarsky for more information.
Supporting the Next Generation
Year Seven of Strategic STEM has three schools participating—Cushing Academy of Ashburnham, Marlborough Public Schools, and Venerini Academy of Worcester. If you’re interested in learning more and applying to be one of the schools in Year Eight, get in touch with us today. We look forward to hearing from you.