Candidates in the Biomedical Engineering PhD program conduct ambitious self-directed research alongside some of the field’s best-known faculty. Whatever your interest, WPI’s extensive technical and scientific resources elevate your research possibilities.
- VitaThread protein-based sutures
- Phlebot, a robot for routine blood draws
- Development of immune modulating hydrogel that supports neural stem cell survival during an inflammatory response in an injured spinal cord lesion
- Building whole-organism neuropsychiatric disease models and high-throughput quantitative methods for identifying novel therapeutics using C. elegans
- An engineered microvascular network to enable an eventual cardiac tissue patch
- Creating a biomimetic composite scaffold that recapitulates the mechanical and functional properties of native heart muscle to promote regeneration