If you are interested in deferring your undergraduate enrollment to WPI, please pay your non-refundable $500 deposit by the enrollment deadline. The deferment request form must be completed by August 1st. (Please note this form is for first-year and transfer students pursuing an undergraduate degree at WPI. Graduate students should connect directly with the WPI Graduate Admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss options.)
Students will retain their merit scholarship, but will need to reapply for need-based financial aid by February 1. Please note students are not permitted to enroll at another university if deferring.
Terms for Deferrals:
- The student may not submit deposits or hold spaces at any other institutions.
- The student may not enroll on a full or part-time basis as a degree seeking student at another institution during the deferral period. Students who intend to matriculate full or part-time at another institution but desire to eventually enroll at WPI must apply for transfer admission for a future term. Current merit awards are not applicable to transfer admissions.
- The student can register as a non-degree seeking or “guest” student for up to 2 courses per semester at another institution during the deferral period.
- Financial aid: If you are interested in need-based financial aid, you will need to reapply for aid for the new term by completing the FAFSA and CSS PROFILE by February 1 during your deferral year.
- Merit scholarships: If you received an academic merit scholarship, your award will also be deferred to the future entry term. If you did not receive a merit scholarship, you will not be reconsidered for awards in the next term alongside the new applicant pool.
- These terms apply to undergraduate students only.