Why sponsor a student project at WPI?
- A student/faculty team is committed to working on your specific problem.
- Teams employ the most recent, state-of- the-art techniques, practices, and theories.
- Close sponsor-faculty cooperation.
- Returns on investment that well exceed initial costs.
- A unique opportunity to screen for future technical talent.
General guidelines for project sponsorship:
- A project cannot be “mission critical” or on the “critical path”.
- The best types of projects support or enhance current activities.
- Most Major Qualifying Projects (MQP) consist of a team of 2-4 students and a faculty advisor, although in some cases—depending upon the scope of the project and the disciplines of the student team—there may be additional advisors.