A&S Graduate Student Travel Fund
The School of Arts and Sciences (A&S) offers awards to support conference travel for students enrolled in A&S graduate programs. These travel awards are generously funded by the A&S Advisory Board. Funding is competitive and limited.
Deadline for Spring 2020 graduate travel award applications: March 16
NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 crises, review of applications for the A&S Graduate Student Travel Fund have been paused. WPI hopes to restart the review once travel restrictions are lifted.
The Dean’s office expects to offer another application date in the Fall; specific dates to be announced later.
- All graduate students enrolled in a program within the School of Arts and Sciences are eligible to apply.
- Students must be enrolled as a WPI graduate student at the time of the conference travel.
- You can apply for any conference-related travel including regional, national, or international meetings. Priority will be given, however, to students who are giving oral or poster presentations.
- You may apply for travel assistance through other WPI programs however receipt of other support may affect decisions for an A&S travel award.
- There is no limit on the number of graduate students from a Principal Investigator's group that may apply but this may affect the award decisions.
- Students receiving an award will be given up to $1,000 towards travel costs including conference registration, transportation, lodging, and poster printing. (Meals are not covered.) The Principal Investigator or Department/Program should fund any costs not covered by the award. The student should not be responsible for these expenses.
- Students who receive travel awards will be given instructions on how to submit expense reports to the Office of the Dean of Arts and Sciences. Expense reports should be submitted within one month of completing travel.
For questions, please contact Patricia Bergmann at email@example.com or x4678.