Guidelines for Employee and Graduate Student Participation in Wellness Days
Department(s):Division of Talent & Inclusion
Wellness Days have been built into the AY 22-23 calendar as days to reflect, relax, reconnect, and reenergize as individuals and as a campus community. These are days for listening to and connecting with each other.
- September 23, 2022: Wellness and Community Day
- November 7, 2022: Wellness and Community Day
- December 13, 2022: Wellness and Rest Day
- February 1, 2023: Wellness and Community Day
- February 24, 2023: Wellness and Rest Day
- March 28, 2023: Wellness and Community Day
There will be no classes, no assignment due-dates, no non-critical lab work, and no meetings held on these days. These are days for our community to focus on supporting and caring for our undergraduate and graduate students as well as each other.
Because we have heard from some of our community members that, last year, they didn’t feel they could fully participate in these events or in the manner for which these days are intended, we offer the following general guidelines for employee participation to managers and supervisors:
- Encourage participation in WPI events
- Avoid scheduling work meetings
- Offer opportunities for connection (employee lunch, team-building activity, etc.)
- Offer flexibility for those who may be unable to enjoy the benefits of the day due to lab research responsibility, campus support or facilitation of events for our community; for example, provide the opportunity to utilize a few hours on another day for similarly focused activities
- Try to make a light schedule – this is an opportunity to slow down and catch your breath
We are planning a variety of ways for you to de-stress, center, and connect with yourself and those around you throughout the day. Please plan to join in the activities and discussions in ways that best suit you.