New Sessions on Suicide Prevention with Experts from Riverside Trauma Center
Department(s):Division of Talent & Inclusion
Last week, WPI held three webinar sessions on Suicide Prevention with experts from Riverside Trauma Center. The sessions were led by Dr. Larry Berkowitz and James McCauley, LICSW, who have over 20 years of experience working with various at-risk populations and have presented at statewide, national, and international conferences on suicide prevention and intervention, grief counseling, and trauma and loss counseling. Participation and engagement during the sessions was high and feedback from employees was very positive.
We received some inquiries about offering additional sessions, which we were able to book. We’re writing you to invite you to attend one of three additional sessions on the topic. Like the previous sessions, these sessions will follow an informal and interactive format.
If you are interested in attending a session, simply click below on the link for the date and time that is most convenient to you:
· Tuesday, February 22 (3 - 4:30 PM)
· Wednesday, February 23 (2:30 - 4 PM)
· Monday, February 28 (6:30 - 7:45 PM)
The sessions will follow the following structure:
(1) start with some context – understanding the complexity of the issues and efforts that WPI continues to engage;
(2) a discussion about recognizing personal impacts and the importance of self-care;
(3) tools, approaches, and resources; and
We hope that these sessions will be helpful to you and strongly encourage you to make time to participate in one of them.
As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to the Talent & Inclusion team.
Division of Talent & Inclusion