Tinkerbox Cohort 6
Department(s):Innovation & Entrepreneurship
The Tinkerbox Program provides seed funding for WPI student-initiated innovation and entrepreneurship ideas/projects.
Grant recipients gain access to
- accomplished entrepreneurial mentors who provide guidance on projects
- workshops aimed at developing and honing student’s entrepreneurial skills
- community networking events
Building the Innovation & Entrepreneurship Community:
The main driver for the Tinkerbox Program is a deep desire to build an I&E Community by fostering partnerships with students who wish to work on their ideas/projects. In the spirit of building a ‘Tinkering Community’, participants engage in Group Mentoring/Goal Setting sessions which allow teams the opportunity to learn about other student projects, suggest improvements as well as brainstorm - all aimed at building a diverse and inclusive I&E Community.
Each Tinkerbox participant is required to sign the Tinkerbox Student Agreement and commits to the following:
- Attend Kick-off Meeting
- Submit monthly status reports through Tinkerbox Canvas course site
- Participate in virtual meetings with mentor at least twice a month
- Participate in at least two virtual monthly Group Mentoring/Goal Setting sessions
- Submit five-minute reflection video at the conclusion of the cohort documenting their Tinkerbox experience
- Follow proper reimbursement policies and procedures
- WPI’s Tinkerbox does not take equity in student companies.
- Students and teams do not give up any rights to intellectual property through participation in Tinkerbox.
- Funding for WPI Tinkerbox is possible because of the deep commitment of alumni and friends to WPI’s mission.
The application deadline for Tinkerbox Cohort 6 is Wednesday, September 15 at 11:59 pm.
For additional information/questions contact Kristie Dejesus, email@example.com