WPI and FFEA to Hold International Fintech Conference, Call for Papers Now Open
Event at WPI marks the first time FFEA has offered a conference in the U.S.
The Business School at Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) and the Future Finance and Economics Association (FFEA) will hold their inaugural conference “Fintech for Inclusivity, Growth, and the Future” on Thursday, October 19th through Saturday, October 21st, 2023. The event will be held at WPI and will mark the first time FFEA has offered a conference event in the United States.
Registration for the conference is now open, along with a call for papers. Visit the conference website to save your spot and learn more. We look forward to welcoming attendees to our community of digital finance scholars.
This international event will bring together a group of academics and practitioners who span the globe and are actively conducting research in the fields of finance, management, and related disciplines, as well as practitioners and policymakers. The conference provides a forum to generate debates on current issues of sustainability, fintech, and digital finance, present new ideas and discuss the future direction of fintech research. WPI and FFEA are aiming to make this the largest annual niche gathering in the intersection of sustainability and fintech research in North America.
Fintech for Inclusivity, Growth, and the Future will feature scholars sharing their research in all areas of fintech, including but not limited to:
- Green / Sustainable / Climate Finance, ESG considerations, and risk management, and modelling challenges
- International Financial Regulation and Green/Sustainable/Climate finance challenges.
- The impact of Artificial Intelligence applications in the financial industry
- Contagion, spillovers and interlinkages among green/climate/sustainable financial instruments and other assets
- Machine learning applications in financial and economic analysis
- Central Bank Digital Currency and the underbanked/unbanked
- Green/Sustainable/Climate assets and portfolio allocation
- Fintech and financial inclusion
- Financial and Economic Uncertainty
- Climate, green and carbon finance modelling challenges
- Blockchain and fintech
- Blockchain’s role in data reliability for supply chains and sustainability
- Applications of machine learning and artificial intelligence in financial decision making
- Fintech and the achievement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Community Climate Adaptation
- Climate Change and Sustainability issues in our economies
Call for Papers + How to Submit
Papers, extended abstracts, and proposals for workshops and panel discussions should be submitted by June 30, 2023, with decisions by mid-July.
Submissions can be made online.
Special Issues of Journals
- Finance Research Letters: All conference topics; Guest Editor: Kwamie Dunbar, WPI
- International Review of Financial Analysis: Fintech and Inclusivity in an International Context; Guest Editor: Kwamie Dunbar, WPI
- One Earth (Cell Press): Significant contributions to our understanding of financial markets that promote and maintain social and environmental sustainability; Pre-submission enquiries
- Heliyon (Cell Press): All conference topics; Editor: Larisa Yarovaya; Information for authors
- iScience (Cell Press): Contributions that feature or could lead to interdisciplinary thinking; Pre-submission entries
More information is available online.
Papers for these special issues must be presented at the conference. Which journal, if any, will be requested at submission. It is NOT mandatory to select a SI to attend or present. Please refer to the journal websites for details on submissions. Note that submissions are NOT open yet.
The Future Is Fintech
Financial Technology (Fintech) is revolutionizing the financial industry and offers many potential social good opportunities. The impacts of fintech are evident across a myriad of sectors within the financial services industry ranging from payments, insurance, lending, and banking. Technologies such as artificial intelligence and machine learning are major driving forces behind Fintech’s innovations. At The WPI Business School—the business school for engineers, scientists, and changemakers—we are committed to this transformation as it is central to our mission and the bedrock of our programs.