Experts on biosensors
Biosensors are devices that combine biological recognition elements (such as enzymes, antibodies, nucleic acids, etc.) with a transducer to detect and quantify specific analytes in a sample. Biosensors can be used for various applications such as medical diagnostics, environmental monitoring, food safety, and drug discovery, and are widely used due to their high specificity, sensitivity, and rapid response time. WPI experts can discuss why biosensors are important tools with uses across various disciplines.
- Professor Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Assistant Professor- Biology & Biotechnology Biology & Biotechnology
Gregory S. Fischer
- Professor Robotics Engineering
- Professor Mechanical & Materials Engineering
- Assistant Professor Robotics Engineering