Experts on unmanned aerial vehicles
Unmanned aerial vehicles are drones (UAVs) and other aircraft that are capable of operating without onboard pilots. UAVs are already playing active roles in a wide range of industries, including law enforcement, the military, film and television production, and scientific research (an unmanned helicopter has even flown on Mars), and are expected to find a wider array of applications in the future. WPI experts on unmanned aerial vehicles can discuss autonomy in unmanned vehicles, methods for controlling UAVs and allowing them to cooperate in search and rescue missions and creating swarms of autonomous vehicles in space, among other topics.
Raghvendra V. Cowlagi
- Associate Professor Aerospace Engineering
- Associate Professor/Graduate Coordinator Robotics Engineering
- Assistant Professor of Robotics Engineering and Assistant Professor of Fire Protection Engineering Robotics Engineering
- Associate Professor Computer Science
- Associate Dean of Graduate Studies Electrical & Computer Engineering