All Hazardous waste containers must:
- Be secure and in good condition
- Be compatible with waste.
- Have a screw cap - no corks or rubber stoppers.
- Be kept closed at all times unless waste is being added.
- Symbols and formulas are not allowed. The chemical names must be written out.
- Check-off the appropriate hazard box
- Enter the date only when the container is full or when the container is ready for pick-up.
* Do not transport hazardous waste from your lab
* Contact EHS at 508-831-5216 or via e-mail, email@example.com, to arrange to have your waste picked up. Or, if you have any questions about the proper management of hazardous waste in the laboratory.