All Hazardous waste containers must:
- Be secure and in good condition
- Be compatible with waste.
- Have a screw cap - no corks or rubber stoppers.
- Be kept closed at all times unless waste is being added.
- Symbols and formulas are not allowed. The chemical names must be written out.
- Check-off the appropriate hazard box
- Enter the date only when the container is full or when the container is ready for pick-up.
* Do not transport hazardous waste from your lab
* Contact EHS at email@example.com if you have any questions about the proper management of hazardous waste in the laboratory.
* If you have a full hazardous waste container please log into the Chemical Environmental Management System (CEMS) (https://cems.wpi.edu) to submit a Hazardous Waste Pickup Request form. EHS staff will pick up the container within 3 days. You will need to be on the WPI Network or using VPN in order to gain access to CEMS.