Environmental Health & Safety
The Office of Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) provides a broad range of services for the protection and promotion of a safe learning, living, and working environment at WPI. This is accomplished through technical support, information and training programs, consulting services, and periodic auditing of health and safety practices and regulatory compliance.
EHS is within the Department of Facilities and the Division of Finance and Operations.
- For Information about accident or injury reporting please visit the Accident & Injury Reporting Site
- Laboratory Safety Training schedules are available at the events calendar and by logging into the CEMS system.
- For Safety Data Sheet (SDS) information please login to our CEMS system or use this SDS search tool.
- For information concerning Sustainability, visit WPI's Sustainability website.
- WPI Bio Safety Manual (.docx)
- WPI Laser Safety Manual (.pdf)
- Minimizing Hazardous Waste Generation (.pdf)
- The Construction Safety & Environmental Management Handbook applies to all contractors working on WPI property.
- EHS is actively engaged with the WPI Coronavirus Working Group. For all WPI specific information on Coronavirus (COVID-19) please visit the Coronavirus Resources and Updates Page .
Hazardous Waste Pick-up Request
If you have a full hazardous waste container please log into the Chemical Environmental Management System (CEMS) to submit a Hazardous Waste Pickup Request form.
EHS staff will pick up the container within 3 days.
You will need to use your WPI Login Credentials in order to gain access to CEMS.
Laboratory Safety Training
Laboratory Safety Training is required by all laboratory workers. Training schedules are available by logging into the CEMS system. Registration is required and available through the CEMS system.