Emergencies are unanticipated conditions that could cause immediate and substantial damage to persons, property, equipment, or the environment or anything impeding academic programming, delivery of educational services, or workforce productivity.
Examples of Emergencies:
- Electrical wires exposed with or without visible sparks
- No power to a room/building
- Water running, unable to shut off
- Exterior door/lock that will not secure or will not open
- Student(s) cannot get into/out of their room in a residential building
- Smell of gas
- Leaking roof
- Alarms sounding
- Someone stuck in an elevator/room and unable to get out
Emergencies should be called in to the Customer Service Center at 508-831-5500 during normal business hours, and the caller or their department’s administrative assistant should create a work order in SchoolDude.
Work orders for emergencies should NOT be communicated via email.
After Hours Emergencies:
Emergencies outside normal hours should be called into Campus Police, 508-831-5433 or 508-831-5555.