The 2018-2019 International Student Handbook (PDF) is a useful guide to living and studying at WPI. Inside you will find information about social customs, American culture, campus information, government regulations, and more. It is a great source of information for new students.
We have compiled a list of digital forms for the International House. Once submitted, these forms will be processed at the International House, and someone from IH will send an email to let you know when your paperwork is ready for pick up. In addition to digital forms we have also compiled some useful links and information to help you with your stay in the US.
- SEVIS Transfer In Form (PDF) for students transferring to WPI from another school
- Certificate of Attendance Request (new online form)
*However Enrollment Verification can now be requested 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through the National Student Clearinghouse in a quick and downloadable form. Students may request this information by following the instructions below:
- Log in to BannerWeb
- Select Student Services & Financial Aid
- Select Student Records
- Click on the Enrollment Certifications Link
Items available on the NSC portal:
- Enrollment Certification for current semester
- Enrollment Certification for all semesters reported
- Advanced Registration Certifications (available prior to start of term)
- History of enrollment data submitted to your lenders (includes lender name and date reported)
Note: Official enrollment data is available at the beginning of each term; prior to the start of the term. Only Advanced Registration Certifications are available for download. Please contact the Registrar's Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
- Invitation Letter for Family Visit or Commencement: The U.S. Department of State has informed us that it is not necessary or even useful to present a letter of invitation from WPI when your parents, siblings, or other family members are applying for a U.S. tourist visa. If you would like to write a letter of invitation for your family member to show upon entry to the US (especially if language is an issue) we have a template you can use to craft your own letter: Template Invitation Letter. Guidance on assisting your family member’s application for a U.S. tourist visa can be found here.
Practical Training (CPT/OPT) Paperwork
- 12-Month Initial OPT: Application (PDF)
- 12-Month Initial OPT: I-765 Form (PDF)
- 24-Month STEM OPT: Application (PDF)
- 24-Month STEM OPT: I-765 Form (PDF),
- 24-Month STEM OPT: I-983 Training Plan
- OPT Update Form for ALL OPT (STEM and 12 month) updates (new online form)
- STEM OPT Check In Form (6, 12, 18, and 24 months) ONLY for the required check ins not for updates (new online form)
- Out of Town OPT Mailing Checklist (PDF)
- Undergraduate CPT Application (PDF)
- Graduate CPT Application (now called the "Internship Registration Form," the new process and Form is accessible though the Graduate Internships website.)
Living in the U.S.
- Change of Address Form for F and J Visa Holders (new online form)
- Change of Address Form for all Other Visa Holders
- How to Get a Massachusetts Driver’s License (PDF)
- How to Get a Massachusetts ID and Liquor ID (PDF)
- Acceptable Documentation List for Driver's License or Massachusetts ID
- Temporary Housing Request Form for the International House (PDF)
- Tenant Rights and Responsibilities (PDF)