International Student Forms

We have compiled a list of digital forms for the International House. Once submitted, these forms will be processed at the International House, and someone from IH will send an email to let you know when your paperwork is ready for pick up. In addition to digital forms we have also compiled some useful links and information to help you with your stay in the US.

International Student Handbook

The 2023-2024 WPI International Student Handbook:

 is a useful guide to living and studying at WPI. Inside you will find information about social customs, American culture, campus information, government regulations, and more. It is a great source of information for new students.

Academics/Admissions-Related Forms

  • SEVIS Transfer In Form (PDF) for students transferring to WPI from another school
  • Funding Letter Request (RA and TA's)
  • Template Invitation Letter for Family Visit or Commencement: International House does not issue individual letters of iniviation, as the U.S. Department of State has stated that "Visa applicants must qualify on the basis of the applicant's residence and ties abroad, rather than assurances from U.S. family and friends. If you choose to bring a letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support to your interview, please remember it is not one of the factors used in determining whether to issue or deny the visa" Guidance on assisting your family member’s application for a U.S. tourist visa can be found on the website of U.S. Department of State.
  • NSC Self-Service Portal (Certificates of Enrollment/Attendance) The National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) now provides downloadable enrollment certifications for WPI students 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  Students no longer have to request this information through WPI's Registrar's Office. Official enrollment data is available at the beginning of each term. Prior to the start of the term, only Advanced Registration Certifications are available for download. Please contact the Registrar's Office ( with any questions. Students may request the following information through the NSC Portal:
    • Enrollment Certification for current semester
    • Enrollment Certification for all semesters reported
    • Advanced Registration Certifications (available prior to start of term)
    • History of enrollment data submitted to your lenders (includes lender name and date reported)

CPT/OPT Work Authorization Forms

Internship/Co-op (CPT) Registration
Apply for 12-Month Optional Practical Training (OPT)
Apply for 24-Month STEM OPT Extension
OPT/STEM OPT Reporting Requirements
  • CHANGE OF EMPLOYMENT: Submit OPT Employment Update Form if you are starting, ending, or changing jobs
  • CHANGE OF ADDRESS: Submit the F/J Change of Address Form if you move to a new house/apartment/location
  • CHANGE OF STATUS: Submit Request to Close SEVIS Record Form if you are changing from F-1 to another status (i.e. H1B, Green Card, etc), OR if you are permanently departing from the US
  • STEM OPT CHECK-IN: Submit STEM OPT Check In Form (6,12,18, and 24 months) every 6-months to process your SEVIS Data validation while on STEM OPT, including I-983 progress and final evaluations for 12 and 24-month check-ins.
  • H1B & Permanent Residency Workshop:


Living in the U.S.

Know Your Rights about Immigration in the US: