For the Fall 2021 semester, the International House will be operating in hybrid mode. The office will be open during business hours Monday-Friday, but you will need to confirm if your meeting is in-person or remote. This should be clear through the advisor's calendar booking and schedule.
IH's office hours are 8:30am - noon and 1pm - 4:30pm Monday-Friday. Please either book an appointment with one of our advisors, or come to Walk-In Hours (M-F 3-4pm). We cannot usually accommodate walk-ins outside of walk-in hours.
To Contact the International House Staff:
While we are working in hybrid mode, the International House team is available to help you by email, phone, through online Zoom video conference, or in person either through appointments or Walk-In Hours from 3-4pm.
How to Contact Us:
- Email: IH@wpi.edu
- Phone: 508-831-6030
(only accessible during business hours)
- Zoom/Video conferencing (details below)-- Walk-In Hours are both virtual or in-person.
- In-Person: Through scheduled appointments or during Walk-In Hours Monday-Friday from 3-4pm. Please note that during the follow days the specified advisor will only be available remotely. This is also indicated when booking appointments in the scheduling app.
Monday: David Murcko (remote)
Tuesday: Mirabelle Tseng (remote)
Friday: Colleen Callahan-Panday (remote)
Video Conferencing appointments:
There are two options for meeting virtually
1) Virtual Walk-in Hours Monday-Friday from 3-4pm.These meetings are best for quick questions (8 mins or less). The Zoom link is available on our individual advisor appointment link and in all of our email signatures. Advisors will rotate who will staff walk-in hours each day.
2) Individual advisor appointment. Click on the International Student Advisor appointment link for the advisor you would like to talk to and book the meeting on their calendar. The Zoom link will be given through the appointment link. We will sign in to virtual appointments at the designated time in Massachusetts. Please note your time zone when booking your appointment.
If you are submitting an OPT application, you must fill out the OPT paperwork in advance, submit it through the OPT Application Electronic Submission Form on the IH Forms page, and book an appointment with one of the advisors to finalize your application. You must pre-submit the application materials, or we will not be able to meet at your appointment time.
Mail Pick Up:
There are three options for mail pick up
1) Fedex: any mail that you wish to pick up through the International House can be Fedexed to you with two-day delivery for a $10 fee (paid through the "Mailing and Taxes" link above). If you want to have something Fedexed you will need to email IH@wpi.edu with the mailing address, your telephone number, and the confirmation number from the payment form. Please note OPT EAD work permit cards can only be Fedexed or picked up in person.
2) USPS mail: I-20s and letters can be mailed to your address through USPS for free (this is not available for EAD cards, which must be either Fedexed or picked up in person)
3) In-person pickup: you can arrange a pickup in person at the International House. We prefer to give out mail in the afternoon, particularly between 3-5pm.
Please remember that masks will be required for all in-person interactions at the International House for the Fall 2021 semester.