In an atmosphere that embraces cultural diversity and encourages social tolerance, the International House at WPI provides programs, services, and immigration support, to assist and educate international students and scholars in their transition to U.S. society and academic culture.
The International House is composed of two departments:
The Office of International Student Life (ISL) will serve all international student related immigration and cultural adjustment needs including new student orientations, work authorizations, travel signatures, and non-resident alien tax help.
The Office of Faculty and Scholar Services will work in collaboration with the Provost's Office to serve the international faculty and scholars with immigration paperwork and adjustment to Worcester questions.
Resources for each department can be found in the right-side navigation menu.
For the Fall 2022 semester, the International House will be operating in hybrid mode. The physical office will be open during business hours Monday-Friday, however you will need to confirm if your advisor meeting is in-person or through Zoom. This should be clear through the advisor's calendar booking and schedule.
IH's office hours are 8:30am - noon and 1pm - 4:30pm Monday-Friday. Please either book an appointment with one of our advisors, or come to Drop-In Hours (M-F 3-4pm). We usually cannot accommodate drop-ins outside of drop-in hours.
To Contact the International House Staff:
The International House team is available to help you by email, phone, through online Zoom video conference, or in person either through appointments or Drop-In Hours from 3-4pm.
How to Contact Us:
- Email: IH@wpi.edu
- Phone: 508-831-6030
(only accessible during business hours M-F 8:30am-noon, 1pm-4:30pm EST)
- Zoom/Video conferencing (details below)-- Drop-In Hours are both virtual or in-person.
- In-Person: Through scheduled appointments or during Drop-In Hours Monday-Friday from 3-4pm. Please note that during the follow days the specified advisor will only be available remotely. This is also indicated when booking appointments in the scheduling app.
Monday: David Murcko (remote)
Friday: Colleen Callahan-Panday (remote)
Video Conferencing appointments:
There are two options for meeting virtually
1) Virtual Drop-in Hours Monday-Friday from 3-4pm.These meetings are best for quick questions (8 mins or less). The Zoom link is: https://wpi.zoom.us/j/709157000 and also accessible in our email signatures. Advisors will rotate who will staff drop-in hours each day.
2) Individual advisor appointment. Click on the International Student Advisor appointment link for the advisor you would like to talk to and book the meeting on their calendar. The Zoom link will be given through the appointment link. We will sign in to virtual appointments at the designated time in Massachusetts. Please note your time zone when booking your appointment-- the calendar booking app often gives you the booking time based on your local time setting.
If you are submitting an OPT application, you must fill out the OPT paperwork in advance, submit it through the OPT Application Electronic Submission Form on the IH Forms page, and book an appointment with one of the advisors to finalize your application. You must pre-submit the application materials, or we will not be able to meet at your appointment time.
Mail Pick Up:
There are three options for mail pick up
1) Fedex: any mail that you wish to pick up through the International House can be Fedexed to you with two-day delivery for a $10 fee (paid through the "Mailing and Taxes" link below). If you want to have something Fedexed you will need to email IH@wpi.edu with the mailing address, your telephone number, and the confirmation number from the payment form. Please note OPT EAD work permit cards can only be Fedexed or picked up in person.
2) USPS mail: I-20s and letters can be mailed to your address through USPS for free (this is not available for EAD cards, which must be either Fedexed or picked up in person). Please note that starting in Fall 2022, most I-20s can be electronically sent.
3) In-person pickup: you can arrange a pickup in person at the International House. We prefer to give out mail in the afternoon, particularly between 3-5pm.
Please remember that masks will be optional for all in-person interactions at the International House for the Fall 2022 semester. Masks will be available in the IH if you need one. If you are feeling ill, any appointment can be pivoted to a remote appointment, just email the advisor ahead of your appointment.
Connect with Us
Visit our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter and Instagram for the latest updates on workshops, events, immigration news, and other related programs.