For the Spring 2021 semester, the International House will be operating remotely.
IH's office hours are 8:30am - noon and 1pm - 4:30pm Monday-Friday.
To Contact the International House Staff:
While we are all working remotely, the International House team is available to help you by email, phone, or through online Zoom video conference.
How to Contact Us:
- Email: IH@wpi.edu
- Phone: 508-831-6030
(only accessible during business hours)
- Zoom/Video conferencing (details below)
- Advisor of the day (for mail pickup and notary*, strictly by appointment only, starting January 18, 2021)
Monday: Colleen Callahan-Panday
Tuesday and Wednesday: Mirabelle Tseng
Thursday and Friday: David Murcko
*Mirabelle is the only advisor authorized as a notary, any notary appointments must be made with her on Tuesdays or Wednesdays
Video Conferencing appointments:
There are two options for meeting virtually
1) Virtual Walk-in Hours Monday-Friday from 3-4pm or Wednesday 9am-10am. All meetings are in Massachusetts time (Eastern Standard). These meetings are best for quick questions (8 mins or less). The Zoom link is available on our individual advisor appointment link and in all of our email signatures. Advisors will rotate who will staff walk-in hours each day.
2) Individual advisor appointment. Click on the International Student Advisor appointment link for the advisor you would like to talk to and book the meeting on their calendar. The Zoom link will be given through the appointment link.
If you are submitting an OPT application, you must fill out the OPT paperwork in advance, submit it through the OPT Application Electronic Submission Form on the IH Forms page, and book an appointment with either Colleen or Mirabelle to finalize your application. You must pre-submit the application materials, or we will not be able to meet at your appointment time.
Mail Pick Up:
There are three options for mail pick up
1) Fedex: any mail that you wish to pick up through the International House can be Fedexed to you with two-day delivery for a $10 fee (paid through the "Mailing and Taxes" link above). If you want to have something Fedexed you will need to email IH@wpi.edu with the mailing address, your telephone number, and the confirmation number from the payment form. Please note OPT EAD work permit cards can only be Fedexed or picked up in person.
2) USPS mail: I-20s and letters can be mailed to your address through USPS for free (this is not available for EAD cards, which must be either Fedexed or picked up in person)
3) In-person pickup: you can arrange a pickup with the advisor of the day (see above) by booking a "mail pickup" appointment. Please ring the doorbell on the front porch (to the right of the front door) and wait on the sidewalk for the advisor to bring out your mail.
Please remember that masks will be required for all in-person interactions at the International House.