How to Request Supportive Measures
Supportive measures are non-disciplinary, non-punitive individualized services offered as appropriate, as reasonably available, and without fee or charge to the Complainant or the Respondent before or after the filing of a formal complaint under this Policy or where no formal complaint been filed.
Supportive measures at WPI may include:
- No-contact orders
- Deadline extensions
- Reassignment of housing
- Health services through Student Health Services (for WPI students only, phone 508-831-5520, SHS@wpi.edu) or the emergency room at UMass Medical Center.
- Counseling through the Student Development & Counseling Center (for WPI students only, phone 508-831-5540, firstname.lastname@example.org) or Pathways for Change Rape Crisis Center (24/7 hotline: 800-870-5905)
- Modifications of work or class schedules
- Campus escort services
- Changes in work locations
- Leaves of absence
- Increased security and monitoring of certain areas of the campus
Supportive measures are designed to restore or preserve access to WPI’s Education Programs and Activities without unreasonably burdening the other party, including measures designed to protect the safety of all parties or WPI’s educational environment or deter Sexual Misconduct.
Supportive measures can be requested by the Complainant or the Respondent at any time and may be reviewed at any time upon request by either party or in the determination of the Title IX Coordinator.
WPI will maintain the confidentiality of any supportive measures provided to the Complainant or the Respondent, to the extent that maintaining such confidentiality will not impact WPI’s ability to provide the supportive measures.