- Cleaning: Daily enhanced cleaning of high-touch surfaces in classrooms, hallways, stairs, bathrooms, and meeting spaces. Daily fogging of spaces with a disinfectant cleaning solution.
- Cleaning Supplies: Provided in centralized locations on each floor and in classrooms so individuals can clean their own workspace and equipment.
- Hand Sanitizer: Provided at entrances, in classrooms, and throughout public areas. Departments may be providing hand sanitizer at additional locations in office suites.
- Signage: To inform social distancing practices, occupancy limits, and cleaning requirements throughout the building.
- Bathrooms: Bathrooms have reduced occupancies required — some will be single-use occupancy to maintain social distancing. Drinking fountains have been shut off for your safety — where available, water bottle filler stations remain operational.
- Meeting Rooms: Meeting room capacity has been reduced to maintain 6’ social distancing.
- Ventilation: Windows may be opened for ventilation. If you open a window, be sure to shut off the air conditioner in that space.
- Clear Barriers: Clear plexiglass barriers have been installed at classroom teaching stations and service desks in department offices to help reduce transmission.
- Building Access: The building will remain locked during business hours and is accessible with your WPI ID card. Campus visitors must register in advance and be escorted by the department.
100 Institute Road, Worcester MA, 01609
Named in honor of WPI alumnus and former chair of the Board of Trustees Stephen Rubin ’74, the Rubin Campus Center has served as the WPI community’s gathering place since it was built in 2001. The three-floor, 71,000-square-foot building is located at the physical center of campus and contains a food court, bookstore, mail facilities, game room, meeting rooms, and spaces for social functions. The top floor houses the Office of Student Affairs and Campus Life and contains office space for student organizations including the Interfraternity/Panhellenic Council, Social Committee, Student Government Association, Student Activities, the WWPI radio station, and The Towers newspaper.
COVID-19 Building-Specific Safety Measures
Offices and Departments
|Dean of Studentsfirstname.lastname@example.org||508-831-5201|
|Rubin Campus Centeremail@example.com||508-831-6806|