Robotics Engineering students are building robots from day one. The interdisciplinary nature of Robotics Engineering means that students are exposed to Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, and Electrical & Computer Engineering. Ongoing robotics research keeps WPI at the forefront of robotics engineering advances and breakthroughs. Research focus areas include human-robot interaction, artificial intelligence, medical robotics, and kinematics and control systems.
Average Starting Salary
- Bachelor’s: $73,276
- Master’s: $82,125
- PhD: N/A
Download the WPI Post-Graduation Reports for more information on salaries.
Companies that have Hired WPI Robotics Engineers
- Amazon Robotics
- Bose Corporation
- Silicon Labs
- Tesla Motors
Download the WPI Post-Graduation Reports for more companies that have hired WPI graduates.
Sample Job Titles
- Applications Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Robotics Engineer
- Software Automation Engineer
- Software Engineer
- Systems Engineer
Visit O*Net Online for more information on job titles.
Sample Graduate Schools
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Drexel University
- ETH Zurich
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Sample Professional Associations and Clubs
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE): WPI Chapter, Professional Association
- Robotic Industries Association
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers
- FIRST Robotics
- Rho Beta Epsilon
Sample MQP titles
- Autonomous Underwater Vehicle
- DEPUSH HexCrawler
- PARbot: Personal Assistive Robot
- Rehabilitative Robotic Glove
Visit WPI’s Electronic Projects Collection for more MQP titles.
Popular Industries for Robotics Engineers
- Architectural Engineering and Related Services
- Government (Federal and State)
- Navigation Measuring Electromedical and Control Instruments Manufacturing
- Scientific Research and Development Services
Visit MyPlan for a list of more industries.