Vaccination provides the best protection against COVID-19 and provides the best chance for us to return to the daily activities that are so critical to college life.
- WPI required that all undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in on-campus classes and/or conducting research in on-campus labs, whether they live on campus or off, be fully vaccinated (two weeks post their last dose) against COVID-19 by August 1, 2021.
- All students must have entered their vaccination information into Medicat as soon as they are fully vaccinated or by August 1, 2021 at the latest.
- As with our other vaccination requirements, there is a process for students to submit a request for medical or religious exemption via the Student Vaccination Exemption form.
- WPI will give support and guidance to our international students who may not have access in their home countries to vaccines approved by the World Health Organization.
- All current employees must complete their COVID-19 vaccine series (i.e., two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or one dose of Johnson & Johnson vaccine) and enter their vaccination information into Workday on or before October 11, 2021.
- A new employees hired after July 14, 2021 must be fully vaccinated prior to their first day of work at WPI. “Fully vaccinated” means that the individual has received two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine AND that the individual has waited the required two weeks following the final dose of the vaccine.
- Employees classified as fully remote are not required to be vaccinated. If a fully remote employee is expected to be on campus for any job-related tasks, they must comply with the vaccine requirement and enter their vaccination information into Workday. Unvaccinated, fully remote employees will not be permitted on campus.
- All employees must enter their vaccine information into Workday.
- Requests for a disability/medical or a religious accommodation must be submitted through the Division of Talent & Inclusion by completing this form. Requests for disability/medical accommodations require medical documentation.
- Review WPI’s COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement here
- Employees with questions about WPI’s vaccination requirement should contact the Division of Talent & Inclusion at email@example.com. Employees with medical questions or concerns should speak with their own health care provider and can also reference information provided by the CDC and/or the FDA.
Although individual vaccination status will be kept strictly confidential, as with our COVID-19 testing data, WPI will post our aggregate vaccination levels on campus on our vaccine dashboard so our community can also track our progress in real-time.