Vaccination provides the best protection against COVID-19, and provides the best chance for us to return to the daily activities that are so critical to college life. Our campus vaccination rate will significantly influence our operations for the fall; to get back to unrestricted status, models suggest that vaccination levels of at least 90% are necessary to prevent the continued spread and dire health impact of the virus.
- WPI will require that all undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in on-campus classes and/or conducting research in on-campus labs, whether they live on campus or off, be fully vaccinated (two weeks post their last dose) against COVID-19 by August 1, 2021.
- All students must enter their vaccination information into Medicat as soon as they are fully vaccinated or by August 1, 2021 at the latest. First-year students will be able to input their vaccination status starting June 15.
- As with our vaccination requirements, there will be a process for students to submit a request for medical or religious exemption via the Student Vaccination Exemption form.
- WPI will give support and guidance to our international students who may not have access in their home countries to vaccines approved by the World Health Organization.
- Students heading to homes outside Massachusetts should check their state’s public health website.
- If you're taking time off this summer, you'll need to remain in compliance with WPI's COVID-19 testing program. Read more about how to stay compliant with vacation time.
- WPI strongly encourages that all employees get vaccinated.
- Employees must enter their vaccine information into Workday by June 15, 2021 so we can monitor total vaccination levels on campus. If those numbers show a lower than optimal level of immunization on campus, the university may require vaccination among employees.
- Employees with questions or concerns should speak with their own health care provider and can also reference information provided by the CDC and/or the FDA.
Although individual vaccination status will be kept strictly confidential, as with our COVID-19 testing data, WPI will soon begin to post our aggregate vaccination levels on campus on our dashboard so our community can also track our progress in real time.