The Program Educational Objectives for the Bachelor degree in Environmental Engineering are that our alumni will:
- Have successful careers in environmental engineering and related professions, where sound science and engineering principles are applied to solve environmental problems in a socially and ethically responsible manner.
- Be leaders who are at the forefront of environmental change for the betterment of ecosystems and quality of life.
- Meet the changing needs of the profession through lifelong learning, such as graduate education, engagement in the profession and organizations, and attainment of professional licensure.
The Student Outcomes for the Bachelor degree in Environmental Engineering are that all graduates will attain:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.