- Electrochemical Energy Laboratory focuses on new electrode materials and structures for next-generation lithium ion batteries and fundamental electrochemical processes.
- Integrative Materials Design Center defines, disseminates, and implements a new design paradigm and supporting methodologies for failure prevention and increased performance, reliability, and recyclability.
- Metal Processing Institute is dedicated to advancing the state of the art in near-net-shape manufacturing and materials recovery and recycling.
- NanoEnergy Laboratory Research in the Nanoenergy Lab includes scalable synthesis and characterization of thin films and nanostructured materials for applications in solar energy conversion. Current projects focus on novel, nanostructured metal oxide and metal sulfide semiconductor thin films composed of earth-abundant, non-toxic elements for photoelectrochemical and photovoltaic energy conversion. Please contact Professor Pratap Rao for details.
- Nanomaterials & Nanomanufacturing Laboratory focuses on nano and molecular sciences and technologies, interface phenomena at micro and nanoscales, and sustainable energy. Contact Professor Jianyu Liang with any questions about this lab.
- Surface Metrology Laboratory advances the understanding of the formation, behavior, measurement, and analysis of surface roughness.
The Polymer Laboratory features equipment and instruments for the synthesis, processing, and testing of polymer and biomaterials. This laboratory in Washburn 250 contains facilities for the synthesis, processing, and testing of polymer and biomaterials. For more information contact Professor Satya Shivkumar. The polymer laboratory is furnished with equipment including foam processing apparatus, data acquisition systems, medical devices, sensors, polymer and synthesis modules, constant temperature shaker baths, centrifuges, Shore hardness testers, ASTM ball rebound testers, DSC and TGA and other polymer testing equipment.