Graduating students should demonstrate that they attained the following:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
Program Educational Objectives
The Mechanical Engineering Program seeks to have alumni who:
- are successful professionals because of their mastery of the fundamental engineering sciences, and mechanical engineering and their understanding of the design processes.
- are leaders in business and society due to a broad preparation in technology, communication, teamwork, globalization, ethics, business acumen and entrepreneurship.
- will use their understanding of the impact of technology on the safety, health and welfare of the public for the betterment of humankind.