For WPI Students & Faculty
The STEM Education Center has unique expertise and capabilities, particularly in PK-12 STEM education research, pedagogy, and curriculum. We extend the regional, state, national, and global recognition of WPI as a leader in STEM education to the PK-12 levels and contribute to the pathways to WPI programs and degrees.
We serve WPI students and faculty in sharing our knowledge, resources, and connections to the PK-12 schools and community to enable their projects and research work (e.g., Broader Impacts). We would love to have a conversation about your project or research plan – get started by completing this consultation form.
We also host seminars and workshops for the WPI community and beyond on innovative and transformative PK-20+ STEM education.
Specialized trainings, programs, courses, and project opportunities for WPI students to develop as STEM educators:
- Teacher Preparation Program for WPI undergraduate STEM degree majors to earn an initial teaching license in four years (something very few universities can offer!)
- Great Minds/CoMPASS Scholars Program – a cohort program for Worcester Public School graduates that are first in their family to attend college and majoring in STEM
- On-campus STEM Education Project Center for IQPs, MQPs, and other STEM education related projects
- Graduate courses: SS 509, Special Topics – Integrated STEM Education in the Classroom, Assessments Reimagined
- Mentor Trainings on creating inclusive research laboratory environment: REU/EREE summer research programs, WRAMP program for high school students