Armed with leading-edge educator skills and a mastery of your chosen discipline, you’ll be prepared to become a new kind of teacher—a teacher who engages and challenges students in STEM subjects and meets the future challenges of American education.
By joining the Teacher Preparation program at WPI, you will gain:
- A strong background in your STEM discipline
- A good sense of the applicability of your subject to contemporary areas of engineering, technology, or society
- Entry into a community of future educators ready to shape young minds and help direct tomorrow’s technologies
- The preparation and skills you need to teach at the middle or high school level
- A Massachusetts-authorized Initial License.
- Communication and leadership skills that will go beyond the classroom