For many reasons, I am surprised to find myself at WPI. Previously, I lived in my hometown and was employed at my alma mater, never intending to leave. But WPI presented an opportunity that was too exciting to miss. This is an institution that stresses innovation and entrepreneurship, and those have been the focus of my career. The environment here is vigorous and challenging. Students expect to work hard and to be exposed to new ideas. The emphasis on project-based learning is a marvelous fit with the entrepreneurial mindset.
- Graduate of an accredited U.S. college or university or an approved foreign equivalent institution.
- Earned grade point averages of 3.5 or better in all prior undergraduate and graduate studies.
- Satisfactory GMAT or GRE taken within the last five years. The Foisie Business School PhD program requires a minimum GMAT score of 600 or its equivalent on the GRE. The WPI alum GMAT/GRE waiver policy does not apply to the PhD program, and a WPI alum must submit their GMAT/GRE scores.
- Submit three letters of recommendation.
- International applicants from non-English speaking countries must submit a TOEFL score report with a minimum score of 100 (internet based) or an IELTS band score of 7.5.
In addition, a student with a master’s degree will be expected to have successfully demonstrated graduate-level knowledge in a traditional business discipline such as Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Organizational Behavior, Entrepreneurship, Information Technology, or Operations Management; or in a discipline that is relevant to the student’s proposed concentration. Furthermore, the applicant will demonstrate undergraduate competency in Calculus, Statistics and/or Micro/Macro Economics. Admissions decisions will be based on a review of the applicant’s combined portfolios.