WPI has scholarships for VEX Robotics participants in partnership with the Robotics Education & Competition Foundation.
Each year, WPI awards a grand prize scholarship of $80,000 ($20,000 per year, for four years) and two runner-up scholarships of $10,000 ($2,500 per year, for four years).
- You should first apply to WPI as a first-year student through the Common Application no later than Feb. 15, the regular decision deadline. (See all application deadlines.)
- Apply to the VEX scholarship when the application opens on January 4, 2021, and closes on March 8, 2021. More information will be provided at a later date.
- You must submit the following materials via SlideRoom* when the application opens:
- Scholarship Application.
- Letter of nomination from the adult team leader describing your demonstrated enthusiasm for engineering and science. They should also show examples of your ability and innovation to succeed as an engineer or scientist. Note: You will have the opportunity to invite your nominator to submit their letter of recommendation via Slide Room.
- Video presentation that demonstrates your involvement and contribution to your VEX team. The video should be no more than five minutes in length and submissions should be a .mov, .wmw, .flv, .mp4 file or a link to your video presentation.
*SlideRoom is a web-based service where you can upload your presentation, link to media, and solicit a letter of nomination. Please be sure to select the correct scholarship you are applying for.
VEX Scholarship Eligibility
VEX scholarship candidates must be high school seniors and active VEX team members*. You must meet WPI admissions standards, have demonstrated enthusiasm for engineering and science, and possess the ability and innovation necessary to needed as an engineer, scientist, or manager.
*Special note for applicants applying for Fall 2021: If your team did not register for the 2021 season, but did for 2020 and you were an active member, you are still eligible to apply and will need to submit a reference from a mentor/coach from when the team was active. For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.