Board of Directors
The work of the WPI Alumni Association (WPIAA) is led by an Executive Cabinet and Board of Directors, which meets throughout the year to plan initiatives and programs that support the mission of the Association, the needs of the alumni it represents, as well as WPI’s mission and goals.
The Board of Directors of the Alumni Association is comprised of the officers of the Alumni Association (President, President-Elect, Past President, Secretary, and Treasurer), the chairs of the Alumni Association Committees, the representative to the Trustee Sub-committee on Lifetime Engagement, and all at-large members. The chair(s) of the Student Alumni Society is an ex-officio non-voting member(s).
Terms of Services
- President – two year term, not eligible for immediate re-election
- President-Elect – two year term, prior to succeeding to the Presidency
- Past President – two year term, immediately following the Presidency
- Treasurer – one year term, with eligibility for indefinite re-election
- Secretary – not an elected position. The secretary is the current Executive Director of the Alumni Office.
- Representative to the Trustee Sub-Committee on Lifetime Engagement – one year term, with eligibility for indefinite re-election
- At-large Members – three year term. Shall not serve more than two successive full terms, but eligible for re-election one year after the close of his/her/their last term.
Members of the Board are expected to attend the four Board meetings held each year, serve on at least one Board committee, and attend WPI alumni events. Learn more about Board responsibilities and expectations.
The Alumni Association looks for qualified alumni with a breadth of experience and varying points of view to be part of a dedicated group of alumni leaders on the Board of Directors. The WPIAA values and seeks diversity among its Board members, including by age, gender, race, degree type, school, geographic distribution, and range of WPI involvement.
Eligibility – All WPI alumni are eligible to hold a seat on the Board of Directors. Nominees for President-Elect must also be a current member of the Board of Directors, or have served as a WPIAA committee chair for three of the last five years immediately preceding nomination.
Nomination submissions – To nominate an alumna/us for the WPIAA Board of Directors, please complete the online nomination form. Any WPI alumna/us, faculty, or staff member may recommend candidates to the Nominating Committee for consideration. Self-nominations are also welcome and encouraged. Nominations are accepted at any time during the year for future consideration. The deadline to be considered during the 2024 nominations cycle is March 15, 2024.
Selection process – The WPIAA Nominating Committee is responsible for reviewing candidates and selecting a slate including Board officers, at-large members, and the representative to the Trustee Sub-committee on Lifetime Engagement. The Nominating Committee will present the slate of candidates for election at the Annual Meeting of the Alumni Association. Terms for newly elected Board members will begin in July.
Selection criteria – In evaluating and selecting candidates for board membership, the Nominating Committee considers some or all of the following attributes:
- Awareness and understanding of Alumni Association programs and strategic issues.
- A record of engagement and/or volunteer involvement with WPI or the Alumni Association.
- Ability to ask questions at a strategic level, provide and seek constructive feedback, and consider different viewpoints and perspectives.
- Willingness to assume and commit to board member requirements and expectations.
For more information, please contact the WPI Alumni Association at email@example.com or 508-831-5600.
- President: Pamela Giasson Lynch '05
- President-elect: Arly Dungca '08
- Past-president: Paula Delaney '75
- Treasurer: Dan Sullivan '12
- Secretary: Monica Ellis, Assistant Vice President, Lifetime Engagement
- Mbolle Akume '20
- Veda Booth '18
- Janelle Drake '11
- Kathryn Gauthier '12
- KiJana (KJ) Haney '18
- Dave Henry '86
- Maureen Horgan '83
- Alison LeFlore '09
- John Lombardi '90
- Lindsey McKan '09
- Steve Mezak '78
- Pat Moran '65
- Nancy Roberts '77
- Jake Roczniak '03
- Jami Walsh '97, MS'99
Committee Chairs & Representatives
- Finance Committee Chair: Dan Sullivan ’12
- Citations Committee Chair: Mark Macaulay ’89, MS’94
- Nominating Committee Chair: Paula Delaney '75
- DEI Committee Co-Chairs: Arly Dungca '08 & Alison LeFlore '09
- Strategic Road Map Committee Co-Chairs: Dave Henry '86 & Pamela Giasson Lynch '05
- Representative to the Trustee Subcommittee on Lifetime Engagement: Mike Abrams '77
- Michaela Cluett '25, Student Alumni Society, Chair
- Jenn Daigle, WPI Office of Lifetime Engagement