The library’s long-term priorities are guided by and support WPI’s strategic plan. In 2021 WPI is creating a new strategic plan for 2021-2026. The library is engaged in contributing to WPI’s plans, and will be supporting exciting new university-wide initiatives, and continuing our work to innovate and excel in delivering core services to the WPI community.
In 2021, the library is developing several new strategic initiatives as part of our new library strategic plan. These are focused on:
- Assessing and enhancing the inclusiveness and diversity of content and accessibility of information available at WPI
- Planning significant building and space enhancements that will meet the growing and diverse needs of our students and faculty
- Developing and sharing a rich documentary record of the history of diverse student and other community groups at WPI
- Planning and implementing a robust program of digital scholarship services including services that expand WPI’s capacity to contribute to opening up science and the scholarly record to the world
- Planning and implementing an innovative and collaborative program of library data services in the context of WPI’s exceptional strength in data sciences and STEM
Our annual priorities are informed by yearly surveys of our faculty and students, continuous data analysis, benchmarking, and assessment activities. Our annual reports share what we’ve done and how we’ve met our goals.