Due to COVID restrictions, the Studio @ Gordon is closed until further notice!
Studio @ Gordon is an active learning space designed for collaboration and ideation. Complete with flexible furniture and room to prototype, it is ideal for classes, project teams, and student organizations seeking to explore, debate, and pitch ideas. The WPI community is welcome to use Studio @ Gordon at any time; faculty and staff may reserve the entire space for events with up to 50 attendees.
How to Reserve Studio @ Gordon
Equipment Available in Studio@Gordon
Studio @ Gordon is designed to support a variety of learning styles and activities. While small groups may use the flexible furniture, white boards, and supplies at any time, the space may be reserved for groups of up to 50 and set up in advance to provide an environment suitable for a wide range of event types. The space is equipped with:
- Work tables of various heights and sizes
- Seating of various designs, from office chairs to soft seating
- Team building and ideation supplies such as tinker toys, crafting, and office supplies
- Network ports as well as wireless coverage for the entire space
- Whiteboards with markers and erasers
The following additional equipment may be checked out separately for up to three hours at the Information Desk:
- Network cables ($15 replacement charge each)
- HDMI cables ($40 replacement charge each)
- Webcam and microphone
Policies and Procedures
WPI faculty and staff may reserve the entire Studio @ Gordon space.
- Reservations to use Studio @ Gordon during the library’s open hours must be placed 48 hours in advance and are mediated by Gordon Library staff.
- Reservations to use Studio @ Gordon during hours that the library is not open must be placed two weeks in advance.
- Those using Studio @ Gordon may not store or place items in locations that block access to nearby print collections or routes of egress.
- A projector for the space may be requested at the time the reservation is placed.
- When Studio @ Gordon is reserved for use, signs will be placed around the space informing library users that there may be additional noise on the Ground Level and that Studio @ Gordon may not be used for small groups during the designated reservation times.
- Food and drink are allowed in this space.
For additional information on reserving or using Studio @ Gordon, please contact us at email@example.com