15th Annual Sustainability Showcase
Department(s):Office of Sustainability
WPI students are invited to participate in WPI’s 15th Annual Sustainability Project Showcase, hosted by the Office of Sustainability and Gordon Library!
Submissions are open to any student project that tackles a sustainability-related problem, local or global, with consideration to at least one of the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), listed below.
A $500 cash prize will be provided for winners in each of the graduate and undergraduate categories (including First-Year/Mass Academy, IQP/Humanities/MQP). For consideration, submission by teams or individuals will require 1) a brief project description, 2) a PDF (poster or slide deck), 3) a brief video recording that presents the project and 4) tagging the appropriate SDG categories. We encourage the participation of ALL students who are interested in showcasing their sustainability project accomplishments, including those not interested in competing for an award (in which case students may opt out of the video recording).
SHOWCASE LINK: 15th ANNUAL SUSTAINABILITY PROJECT SHOWCASE (wpi.edu)
- March 27: Online Registration Deadline
- March 31: PDF and Video Submission Deadline
- April 5-12: Virtual Showcase
- April 14: Celebration Event & Winners Announced
We welcome and encourage participation by all students and invite faculty to share this announcement with your students!
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
See Project Showcase Flyer here.
The 17 SDGs to transform our world are as follows:
- GOAL 1: No Poverty
- GOAL 2: Zero Hunger
- GOAL 3: Good Health and Well-being
- GOAL 4: Quality Education
- GOAL 5: Gender Equality
- GOAL 6: Clean Water and Sanitation
- GOAL 7: Affordable and Clean Energy
- GOAL 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth
- GOAL 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- GOAL 10: Reduced Inequality
- GOAL 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
- GOAL 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
- GOAL 13: Climate Action
- GOAL 14: Life Below Water
- GOAL 15: Life on Land
- GOAL 16: Peace and Justice Strong Institutions
- GOAL 17: Partnerships to achieve the Goals