New Smith Family Foundation Odyssey Award to support high-risk, high-reward biomedical research by junior investigators
The Smith Family Foundation’s new Odyssey Award was created in 2017 to generate breakthroughs and drive new directions in biomedical research. The awards will fund high-risk, high-reward pilot projects by newly independent faculty engaged in basic biomedical research. Investigators in the physical sciences (physics, chemistry, and engineering) whose projects focus on biomedical science are also encouraged to apply.
- Full-time, independent faculty who have not achieved tenure by July 1, 2018
- First independent faculty appointment on or between July 1, 2009 and July 1, 2014
- No more than two applications from each institution in MA, plus Brown and Yale
- Women scientists are particularly encouraged
- Have less than $750,000 in combined external funding, not including a start-up package, other intramural support, or the Smith Award
This is a limited submission. Interested candidates should contact their department heads.