Talent and Inclusion, in collaboration with the President's Office, is pleased to announce that we will once again be providing the opportunity to attend the Higher Education Resource Services (HERS) Wellesley Institute for Women in Higher Education Administration. Participants utilize independent project-work and reading assignments and work together in a collaborative environment to explore the Leadership Development Model (self-knowledge, networking, and institutional awareness) over the course of several, three-day interactive sessions. All participants experience the same, unique curriculum which helps prepare them for leadership roles in higher education.
WPI will be sponsoring one faculty or staff member to attend, all expenses paid.
How to Apply
To properly assess your application, please share how you plan to utilize the HERS experience for your own leadership and professional growth by completing all components of the application (please contact Christelle Hayles for corresponding documents):
- HERS Institute Application – Baseline Information and Professional Background
- HERS Institute Application – Leadership Development and Attributes
- Current resume
- Two on-campus references describing your contributions to WPI. One should be from a direct supervisor and the second from a division head/executive leader who is familiar with you. These should be sent directly from your references to Christelle Hayles.
The completed application packet should be submitted to Christelle Hayles for consideration on or before March 1, 2021.
- All applicants will be notified of the final decision by March 3, 2021.
- The recipient will be required to submit their application to HERS directly by March 5, 2021 (additional instructions will be sent regarding this process)
- Please note: Final approval to attend comes from HERS. All admission decisions will be made, with notifications sent from HERS.
- Applicant must be a woman, must be employed in either an exempt staff or a faculty position, and must have been employed at WPI for at least two years at the time of application.
- The institute’s on-site sessions will be held at Wellesley College on a staggered 4-weekend format during the following dates:
- November 11, 2021 – November 13, 2021
- December 9, 2021 – December 11, 2021
- February 3, 2022 – February 5, 2022
- March 24, 2022 – March 26, 2022
3. A commitment to attend all of the sessions is required