Ramping Up to Summer
Department(s):Be Well Together
The following message was sent to the WPI Community:
Center for Well-Being is Hiring Students for the Fall 2023
Become a member of the CWB’s close-knit team, whose mission is to empower individuals to foster a sense of vitality, meaning and purpose, enjoyment, connection, and community. Graduate and undergraduate students are welcome to apply. Federal work-study is not required but is welcome. Learn more and apply here.
Let’s Plan Early for 2023-24 Wellness & Community Days
For the academic year of 2023-24, there will be four Wellness & Community Days--one per term. Is your group or department interested in sponsoring or co-sponsoring an event? Let us know now. Your early response will help us to revamp what we do and plan early. Click here for more info and to add your event.
Want to Do Better at School? Try Getting More Sleep
One in five Americans sleeps less than six hours a night—a trend that can have serious health consequences. Getting a good night’s sleep makes you better prepared for dealing with whatever comes your way the next day. Check out the tips below for better sleep and for more in-depth information and sleep recommendations, click here.
10 Quick Tips for Better Sleep
- Avoid or limit caffeine in the late afternoon and night.
- Plan out mealtimes.
- Get bright light exposure early in the day.
- Avoid screen time 30 minutes to an hour before bed.
- Establish a sleep schedule.
- Don’t drink alcohol at the end of the night.
- Create a sleep-friendly bedroom.
- Try a white noise machine to wind down when the lights go out.
- Silence your mobile devices.
Reminder: COVID Vaccine is Encouraged but Not Required for Fall 2023
As a reminder, with the planned ending of the COVID-19 national public health emergency scheduled for May 11, 2023, and the current status of the pandemic, WPI will no longer require COVID vaccination for students or employees as of that date. WPI will continue to strongly recommend that all community members follow CDC guidelines for COVID-19 vaccination, which recommend that everyone stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccines including booster doses. For more information, click here.
Quick and Easy Meals and Snacks
As we enter the final stretch of this academic year, support your health by eating empowering foods regularly throughout the day! Check out the suggestions below for quick, easy, and tasty meals and snacks!
- GradFest 2023 10:00 am to 09:00 pm
- SASE Destress Event 5:30 pm to 8:00 pm
- Zentangle 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Mindful Wednesdays 12:15 pm to 12:30 pm
- FREE Bowling on Wednesday night! 8:15 pm to 11:00 pm
- Rest & Recharge with Snacks and Crafts 6:00 pm to 09:00 pm
- Mindful Thursdays 2:15 pm to 2:30 pm
- Active Minds GBM 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- Therapeutic Nature: WPI Wellness Walk 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Pot Your Own Plant - Stress Management 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Mindful Thursdays 2:15 pm to 2:30 pm
To access previous versions of this newsletter, click here.
This email is intended to be for informational purposes only and not to be a substitute for professional advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you or someone you know is in imminent danger of suicidal action or other threat, call WPI Campus police at 508-831-5555 (or call 911 if off-campus) or seek emergency care at a nearby hospital.
Remember: we are all in this together.
If you have any questions about the initiatives or information listed here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note this email inbox is not monitored 24/7.