Spring into Action! WPI Climate Calendar
Department(s):George C. Gordon Library
WPI students, faculty, and staff are planning to Spring into Action with a month of events, activities, and dialog supporting WPI’s engagement with climate change and every aspect of global and local sustainability.
Events are being organized by multiple student groups as well as the Global School, the Office of Sustainability, faculty, and staff..
Visit this page throughout the month of April as links to detailed information and new events are added.
Spring into Action! Event Calendar
- March 30, 3-5pm, networking event, Careers for Sustainable and Just Communities, organized by the CDC and PIT-Fest: Unity Hall 500
- April 6, 5-7 pm, Toward Carbon Positive Architecture, Blake Jackson, Stantec Boston, registration required; sponsored by AIA (Central MA Chapter), CEIA, and Office of Sustainability: Innovation Studio Room 108
- April 13, 12-2pm, Innovation and Environmental Ethics event organized by SGA and I&E (virtual)
- April 13, 2-4pm, Climate Action Fair featuring multiple student organizations, art, live interviews, and information: tables between the Innovation Studio & Gordon Library (rain location – Innovation Studio)
- April 13, 5-6pm, Divest WPI event - tables between Innovation Studio & Library (rain location – Innovation Studio)
- April 13, 6-7 pm, Assessment of Storm Surge Barrier Systems and Other Alternatives to Mitigate Climate Change Impacts in Boston, Paul Kirshen, Director, Stone Living Lab, University of Massachusetts Boston, Kaven 105 and via zoom (https://wpi.zoom.us/j/99713930947)
- April 18 (week of), Waste Works art installation, Studio@Gordon (ground floor, Gordon Library): a creative art practicum to design and deploy interactive art installations on campus by reusing waste and recycled material
- April 19, 3:30-5 pm, DIGS Collaboration for a Better World Speaker Series: Radical (Bike)spaces and social innovation, Alejandro Manga; Gordon Library Conference Room (3rd floor) and on zoom (https://wpi.zoom.us/1/94101526662).
- April 21, Adaptation: four short films by director Alize Carrere (National Geographic Explorer; films produced by PBS), Part 1, 12-1 pm in Unity 500; Part 2, 4:15-6:15 pm in Unity 400, with food and discussion, hosted by the Community Climate Adaptation graduate program and Global Lab. Please join either or both sessions (first two films presented at noon, second two films at 4:15 pm).
- April 22, 12-12:30 pm, 14th Sustainability Project Competition Award: Celebration of Student Winners, Gordon Library Conference Room and Exhibit Tables, third floor (join us for a break on Project Presentation Day!)
- April 25, 7pm (virtual, pre-registration required on Zoom; also on WPI’s YouTube channel) Climate changing business - Tales of innocence and innovation from Aotearoa-New Zealand, Nicholas A. Cradock-Henry. Manaaki Whenua – Landcare Research, Lincoln, New Zealand and Bob Frame, Gateway Antarctica, University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand.
- April 26, 1-2:15pm, Climate Stories Music with Jason Davis, Higgins House Great Hall (free & open to the public), for more information see https://www.climatestoriesproject.org/
Also coming in April: Photography Exhibit: Orphan Wells. Opening of environmental photography exhibit by artist and professor Meghan Kirkwood. Gordon Library 3rd floor
All WPI is invited to participate in these events. Are you planning a sustainability-related event that we missed? Let us know! (firstname.lastname@example.org).