True to its name, the Graduate Research Innovation Exchange is a marketplace where students across disciplines get to know each other and share discoveries and new ideas. It is also a great way to get feedback on research in-progress—input that can help students prepare for sharing their work down the line through papers and presentations.
Student presenters also receive input from attendees who are able to vote for People's Choice Awards for their favorite presentations.
The best presentations by master's, PhD, and post doctoral fellow candidates engaged in research in the categories of Mathematical, Chemical, and Physical Sciences; Business and Social Science; Data Science, Cybersecurity, and Computer Science; Life Sciences and Bioengineering; Robotics, Cyberphysical Systems, Electrical and Computer Engineering; Chemical Engineering and Material Sciences; and Aerospace, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Civil and Environmental, Fire-Protection Engineering are invited to present in the finals. Winners from the finals round will receive cash prizes.
In 2021, more than 165 master's and PhD candidates shared their innovative and purposeful research with the WPI community and 63 students advanced to the finals. Twenty winners were awarded cash prizes after the finals.
See our list of current and past GRIE winners.
- The GRIE Open Celebration will be held virtually from February 9-15, 2022.
- Students will pre-record a 7-minute video presentation and submit it to be viewed by the WPI community and judges. Video links will only be available to the WPI community and judges to protect intellectual property.
- A public program with title, author, advisor, keywords, and technical statement will be posted to the GRIE page.
- Judges will have one week to evaluate assigned presentations and submit their scores and feedback.
- Additionally, an audience feedback survey will also be available so students can receive feedback from others who viewed their presentation but were not assigned to judge it.
- Top scorers will advance to the finals on April 5, 2022. We hope to hold this event in person. Check back in February for further details on the finals.