In celebration of National Robotics Week, the Healthcare Delivery Institute (HDI) at Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) will hold a Healthcare and Medical Robotics Innovation Forum.
The forum is designed to offer insights into and foster a conversation about new ways of delivering and improving healthcare—including opportunities for technological innovations using robotics—in an increasingly technology-savvy and mobile society with a growing aging population and increasing challenges stemming from healthcare affordability, quality, and access.
"Healthcare continues to evolve and move outside of such centralized facilities as hospitals, clinics and nursing homes," said HDI director Vera Tice. "Technological innovations have been a key enabler in the significant and growing opportunity to deliver new ways of care in skilled nursing and rehabilitative centers, the community and rural areas, home, workplace, and so on. This forum will provide an opportunity for industry and WPI researchers to showcase their healthcare technology and robotics innovations with the aim of fostering dialog and potential collaborations that could lead to commercialization."
Speakers will include:
• Bryan Adams, CTO of Healthsense
• Andy Dolan, director of product management for ReWalk Robotics Inc.
• Marcio Macedo, director of product management for iRobot Corporation
• Meg Doherty, CEO of the Visiting Nurse Association of Norwell, Mass.
• Dmitry Berenson, assistant professor of computer science and robotics engineering at WPI
• Gregory Fischer, associate professor of mechanical engineering and robotics engineering at WPI and HDI's faculty director
WPI Healthcare Delivery Institute, 60 Prescott Street, Worcester, Mass.
Friday, April 8, 2016.
• 9 a.m. to noon: Speaker presentations and interactive panels
• Noon to 2 p.m.: Tours of WPI’s robotics engineering laboratories, demos, networking reception
Reporters interested in attending the forum should contact WPI Public Relations at 508-831- 508-831-5610 or email@example.com.