This month's Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) Venture Forum meeting will focus on the topic of "valuation, funding, scaling up, and exit." Entrepreneurs thinking about the future of their business will find valuable information and contacts through this program's presentations. Questions to be addressed include:
- What is a start-up business worth, and how is its valuation determined?
- How can that help attract funding and ultimately affect scaling the business?
- Once the business scales, is there a viable exit strategy?
Four experts in the areas of valuation, funding, scaling up, and exit strategy:
- Jeff Bentley, CEO, CellTech Power LLC
- Alan Cody, managing director of the Boston office of Duff & Phelps LLC
- Greg Erman, an entrepreneur focused on commercializing technology to decentralize the delivery of healthcare
- John Hession, managing partner of the Boston law firm Cooley Godward Kronish and partner in the Venture Capital Financing and Emerging Companies practice groups
Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2008
5:30 to 9:30 p.m.
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Campus Center, Odeum (top level)
100 Institute Road