Institutional Loan Services
From this site, you will be able to learn about institutional loans. WPI has engaged the services of ECSI as its loan servicer. On the ECSI website, you will be able to sign your promissory note, complete your exit interview, make payments, review your loan accounts, and download deferment and cancellation forms.
ECSI is your first point of contact for questions concerning the repayment of your institutional loans. ECSI can be reached at 888-549-3274, or online.
ECSI Contact Information
WPI c/o ECSI
1200 Cherrington Parkway, Suite 200
Coraopolis, PA 15108
WPI Institutional Loans
Institutional loans are WPI funds awarded to eligible students. WPI is the lender. First-time institutional loan borrowers must complete a Master Promissory Note and Disclosures. Disclosures must be completed each year. This can be done online at the ECSI website. This is a loan and must be repaid.
Online Exit Interviews
Once a student either graduates or drops below half-time enrollment status, an online exit interview must be completed, according to regulations governing student loans. During the online session, you will receive information regarding your loans and the repayment terms. You will also receive information concerning loan consolidation—which loans you can consolidate and which you cannot. WPI's school code is Y8. Get started…
Forms for Cancellations, Deferments, and Forbearances
WPI does not have school-specific forms, so please use the ECSI general forms.
Every January, ECSI mails to all borrowers who paid more than $600.00 in student loan interest an IRS Form 1098-E to report the amount of student loan interest paid on your Institutional Loans during the prior tax year. If you paid interest but it was less than $600.00, please visit your account on the ECSI website. This interest may be tax deductible. Please seek guidance from your tax advisor or the IRS. WPI and ECSI do not provide tax advice.
Sign Promissory Note
All students who have been awarded an institutional loan are required to complete Entrance Counseling, as well as sign the Promissory note and Disclosures electronically on the ECSI website.
If you have been awarded an institutional loan, an ECSI PIN will be used for authentication purposes. ECSI will provide you this PIN number. If you previously signed a Master Promissory Note for your institutional loan, you still need to proceed to the ECSI website in order to review the disclosures and complete the self-certification form. Your loan will not be disbursed until all electronic processes are accurately completed, and the three-day cancellation period has lapsed.
- Go to ECSI's Electronic Promissory Notes page to start the electronic signature process.
- Provide your Social Security Number, last name, and date of birth.
- Provide your FSA ID when requested on the Student Authentication Network page, or use your ECSI PIN for ECSI Authentication, if you were awarded an institutional loan.
- Most pages require that you accept the terms by checking a box at the bottom of those pages.
- You must provide complete reference information for yourself, next of kin (a relative), and two additional references. Failure to complete all lines accurately will prevent this loan from disbursing to your WPI student account.
- Master Promissory Note—Read completely. Electronically sign at the bottom of the page. The electronic signature includes a check-off box plus your full legal name.