In accordance with the WPI Plan, the focus at WPI is on student-centered learning and educational activities that prepare students for leadership as well as for life-long learning. The Dean of Students Office provides services in a professional and caring manner, designed to influence attitudes, change behaviors, develop skills, and expand students' knowledge in the areas of citizenship and leadership. In partnership with students, parents, faculty, and staff, we shape and enrich a learning community that fosters self esteem and personal development, and prepares students to work, live, and lead in a pluralistic society.
We subscribe to a set of core values that provides the underlying structure for our work:
- Advocacy: Advancing the agenda of students to the university community.
- Citizenship: Promoting integrity, leadership, personal responsibility, and global perspective.
- Empowerment: Fostering and encouraging the growth and self-esteem of others.
- Inclusion: Providing a voice for multiple viewpoints and promoting a culture of civility.
- Respect: Modeling care and consideration of all members of our community and their contributions.
- Support: Demonstrating genuine concern for the health, balance, and well being of others.